Sunday, January 29, 2012

Winter Fairy Spirit Progress

I didn't post much last week. It ended up being a long week here. My depression flared up pretty bad & I ended up having a couple of panic attacks. Monday I got in to the doctor for a check up. Then on Tuesday I have an interview. I am hoping that getting a part time job & getting out of the house more might help my anxiety as right now it's really hard to leave the house by myself. I don't have any issues when I have to pick the kids up from school but that's it.

Well, now onto what you actually came here for. Last week I worked on PR's Winter Fairy Spirit. I am hoping to have her finished by August.

I'm stitching TW's Dragon Fob next for a birthday present. Thanks for looking.

Monday, January 23, 2012

January's IHSW Results

My weekend was it's usually busy self but I did get chances to stitch some through out the weekend.

I have run out of the green kreinik & I'll have to order some more. I was hoping to get more done but I'll have to wait till next month as it's time for WFS. Now I'm off to go check other's progress!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Making My Flat Fold

Please be patient as this is my first instructional blog. I was a little worried about how difficult this would be so I put it off for 2 weeks. However it was much easier than I expected. Until I added on the additional decorations all I used was a glue stick. Sorry, getting ahead of myself.
My supplies:
finished pattern
2 5x7 sticky foam boards
glue stick
fabric (for this size piece a half yard should be plenty)
hot glue gun
any additional desired decorations

To start I needed to cut both boards in half so I had four pieces that were the same size. The easiest way for me was to use an utility knife & a ruler. I first lightly scored the line & then went over it a couple of times to get it even. I then cover the pieces with my pattern & the fabric. I used the sticky side for the main side & then used my glue stick to glue down the edges on the

Next I used a piece of extra fabric to use for the bottom I folded it by thirds and then ironed it flat. I then used my glue stick to attach to the inside piece of 2 of the boards.

I also used another piece of the extra fabric (cut to the same width of the boards) to attach the same pieces together on the top of them. I also used the glue stick for this as well.

Then I glue the pattern & the last board to the other 2 boards. (I used the glue stick for the last fabric glue, but then my kitty decided the glue stick looked liked a great toy & knocked it off the table & it broke so I used my hot glue gun to glue the pattern to the last side.)

I then used my hot glue gun (just a one of the small low heat ones from the craft store) to attach the trim around the pattern where the 2 boards are attached.

I started at the upper right hand corner. I would put glue on a small section then pull the trim across that section. I continued this way until I arrived back at the right hand corner. I made a bow with the last bit of trim & glued it in the corner.
I then used the put little spots of glue on the left corner to add the bows with rhinestones that I found at the craft store when getting my trim. All done! This took me a little under an hour to complete.

Leap Year

I received my Better Homes & Gardens Magazine today. While I was looking through it I spotted this tiny article in the corner on one page & thought it was a great idea. It suggest that on Feb 29th writing down what you hope to accomplish over the next 4 years. Then place the list somewhere safe & revisit it on the next Feb 29th.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Imagine Flat Fold

I finished my flat fold this morning for the Finishes SAL on Love 4 SALs.

Next month is scissor fobs. I am stitching TW's Dragon Fob for it. Please come over & join us!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Friday, January 13, 2012

Water Goddess SAL Progress

Yesterday was the end of the Water Goddess SAL for January in the Love4Stitch-a-longs. I did get some decent progress after I re-started her. She is stitching up so well right now I don't want to put her down. But it's all good cause up now is MotDB!

She is on Sunny Dyes 28ct opal lugana Deep Pool.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

So frustrating!

I started Water Goddess yesterday. I decided to start with her bodice & work down. So I had to switch between 4 pages & I missed a stitch some where. I haven't been able to figure out where so I'm pulling out the bodice & starting over. This time I'll just work page by page & not switch until that page is done. So aggravating as I will now waste 2 days. ugh! On the up side, I love how she looks on the fabby! But I have to get used to stitching on opal lugana instead of linen.

Monday, January 9, 2012

WIPocalypse Imagine

My first post for 2012 & I have a HD! Sorry things have been a little quite. I caught a bug on the way home from Disney. Disney was a blast! The kids had a great time! (Pictures to follow soon.)

I finished Imagine by Joan Eilliot yesterday. (This was my trip project. However I didn't start it until the way home & then it laid untouched for 4 days until I started feeling better. All in all I stitched a total 4 days.) I am now planning on stitching Hope this year to give to my Mom for Christmas as she really liked that one when she was looking through my JE book. I am also going to do the black for Maria & the dragon for my son.

Here is my Imagine:

I am going to do a flat fold finish for the January sal on the Love 4 SAL forum.

A close up of the unicorn: